- Low-maintenance mower design reduces grease points for owner convenience.
- Fully-fabricated and welded 48” or 52” cutter deck with antiscalp rollers provides a beautiful quality-of-cut. This is the same proven deck design found on the Freedom Z models.
- Ground speeds up to 7 mph for high productivity.
- Hydro-Gear ZT2800 hydro transaxles (2 independent units with charge pumps and all-metal gears) deliver smooth drive power and feature spin-on oil filters for easy maintenance.
- Extra-low center-of-gravity for maximum stability.
- Large 11” front caster tires and 20” drive tires for solid traction and a smooth ride.
- Sealed aluminum cutter deck spindles with ball bearings deliver “maintenance-free”, high-performance operation; ½” thick mounting flange for incredible strength.
- Marbain cutter blades stay sharper, longer.
- Self-adjusting belt systems keep belts in constant, proper alignment for long life.
- Easy-to-release dump valves on transaxles allow the mower to be moved without the engine running.
- Easy access to the engine oil drain and filters for quick and simple maintenance.
- Powder-coat paint for a high-gloss finish and increased durability.
- Full-featured instrument panel with all controls within convenient reach of the operator.
- Digital hour meter features pre-programmed maintenance reminders to help you keep your mower running great.
- Large-diameter, padded, adjustable steering levers for ergonomic operation.
- Highly flexible discharge chute will not dent and is easy on the landscape.
- A variety of accessories are available to meet your specific needs: Grass Collection System, Mulch System, Halogen Light Kit, and Armrests.
- 3-year / 500-hour non-commercial mower warranty. See the Scag Limited Warranty Statement for details.
Scag Liberty Z
The all-new Liberty Z is the first Scag lawn mower designed specifically for the needs of our residential customers. However, this does not mean we took shortcuts and rolled out a “disposable” mower. On the contrary, the Liberty Z boasts many of the same heavy-duty features you have come to expect from Scag.
From its strong tubular steel frame, to its fully-fabricated cutter deck, the Liberty Z is built to provide you with years of reliable and productive service. In addition, the outstanding quality-of-cut will make your yard the envy of the neighborhood.
- General Details
- Model Options
Pricing last updated: 2020-05-19 . Please call 716-894-5799 for an exact quote.
|GENERAL||Total Fuel Capacity||3.5 gallons (36″)
5.5 gallons (48″, 52″ and 61″)
|Drive Tires||20″ x 8″-10″ (36″)
20″ x 10″-8″ (48″ and 52″)
20″ x 10″-10″ (61″)
|Caster Tires||11″ x 4″-5″ (36″)
11″ x 6″-5″ (48″, 52″ and 61″)
|Seat||Padded with arm rests, adjustment forward and back (tools required)
(no armrests on 36″ models)
|DRIVE SYSTEM||Drive System Type||Hydro-Gear ZT2800 Transaxle (36″, 48″ and 52″)
Hydro-Gear ZT3100 Transaxle (61″)
|Pumps||Internal Pump: 10 cc|
|Motors||Internal Motor: 16 cc|
|Forward Ground Speed||7 mph|
|Reverse Ground Speed||5 mph|
|Parking Brake||Hand lever|
|DECK||Cutting Widths||36″, 48″, 52″ and 61″|
|Type||Heavy-Duty Fabricated Cutter Deck|
|Cutting Height||1.5″ to 4.5″ in .25″ increments|
|Deck Lift||Foot-operated pedal|
|Construction||Dual-plate cutter deck constructed of 2 steel plates. Reinforcement plate at cutter deck spindles.|
|Spindles||Aluminum housing with sealed ball bearings.|
|Blade Engagement||Ogura GT1 (74 ft lb) – (36″, 48″ and 52″)
Ogura GT2 (108 ft lb) – (61″)
Adjustable air-gap for extended life.
|SZL36-18FR||36″ Heavy-Duty Fabricated Cutter Deck, 18 HP Kawasaki® FR600 Series – V-Twin, air-cooled engine, 603 cc displacement|
|SZL48-21FR||48″ Heavy-Duty Fabricated Cutter Deck, 21 HP Kawasaki® FR651 Series – V-Twin, air-cooled engine, 726 cc displacement|
|SZL52-23FR||52″ Heavy-Duty Fabricated Cutter Deck, 23 HP Kawasaki® FR691 Series – V-Twin, air-cooled engine, 726 cc displacement|
|SZL61-26KT||61″ Heavy-Duty Fabricated Cutter Deck, 26 HP Kohler® 7000 Series™PRO – V-Twin, air-cooled engine, 747 cc displacement|
|Product Dimensions||36″ Liberty Z||48″ Liberty Z||52″ Liberty Z||61″ Liberty Z|
|Width (chute down)||48″||60.5″||64.5″||73.5″|
|Width (chute in transport position)||37″||49″||53″||62″|
|Weight||555 lb||612 lb||646 lb||695 lb|