JASPER ENGINES AND TRANSMISSIONS has been the industry leader since 1942. With their extensive research, they have insight to correct problems in original manufacture design, improving their products performance, reliability and durability. We proudly recommend JASPER Engines & Transmissions re-manufactured components.
1615 William St • Buffalo, NY 14206 • 716-894-5799
Open Monday to Friday • 7:30am – 5:00pm
Why do we choose JASPER?
- PROVEN, Live run, computer assisted testing of popular complete engines assure trouble free performance and peace of mind for our automotive customers who depend on us.
- QUALITY, Re-manufacturing fuel components in a climate-controlled environment and computer assisted calibration assures precise fuel delivery and efficiency.
- TESTED, Live run dynamometer testing of every running complete diesel allows engines to be tested under varying loads to simulate in-the-vehicle operation. Live run dynamometer testing of every automatic transmission, including Allison, assure trouble free performance and reliable day to day operation.
- WARRANTY, JASPER Engines and Transmissions has a 36 months/100,000 miles nationwide transferable warranty – parts and labor – for most consumer and commercial applications up to, and including 1 ton chassis.
Used Engines, Transmissions, & Differentials
When you purchase a JASPER reman engine, you’ve made a decision based on value. JASPER engines are remanufactured to the highest quality standards in the industry and tested or thoroughly inspected to be sure that they will perform to your expectations, providing thousands of miles of reliable service. JASPER reman engines are products on which your family or business can depend – and that means a lot for your peace of mind.
OTHER USED TRANSMISSION components are pulled directly from a vehicle – typically a junkyard vehicle – and generally not even so much as surface cleaned. There are no provisions for disassembly, internal cleaning or inspection with a used component. Used or junkyard components may have high mileage and a poor maintenance history – a failure waiting to happen. Many used or junkyard components come from a vehicle that was involved in an accident and may have unseen damage such as being immersed in water.
JASPER parts come with a promise. After all, this is the vehicle that your family or business depends on to carry out a variety of day to day activities. Your car, truck, van or SUV ranks right up there on the list of things for which you do not want to experience an early failure.
JASPER News from Bison Fleet and Tire Specialists
Did you know that Remanufacturing is Recycling?
Have you considered how your decision to make a major repair to your vehicle affects our environment? We have researched how much energy JASPER utilizes in the remanufacturing process and compared it with information from the Argonne National Lab, a research center for the U.S. Department of Energy. By averaging the curb weight of three vehicles: a Mercedes-Benz W126, a Hummer H2 and a Toyota Prius, a determination was made on the average amount of energy required in manufacturing vehicles. Energy usage at JASPER, per drivetrain component, was figured and, on the average, only 1% of the energy is consumed in remanufacturing a drivetrain component in comparison to manufacturing the entire vehicle. In tangible terms, that is an energy savings of nearly six tons of coal or 1008 gallons of crude oil. Rather than replacing their vehicles, our customers, by purchasing JASPER remanufactured engines, transmissions, and differentials saved enough energy in 2007 to power an estimated 598,000 households, or every residence in a city the size of Washington, D.C., for an entire year!
In a still cited 1981 Massachusetts Institute of Technology study on remanufactured automotive components, it was approximated that 85% of the energy exhausted in the original product was preserved in the remanufactured product. Instead of wasting energy in the replacement of raw materials, JASPER cleans and remanufactures the original castings to the specifications of the original equipment manufacturer. In another study at the Fraunhofer Institute in Stuttgart, Germany, it was estimated that annual energy savings by remanufacturing worldwide is equivalent to the electricity generated by eight nuclear power plants or 16,000,000 barrels of crude oil – enough to fill 350 oil tankers.
By purchasing a remanufactured engine, transmission, or differential, everyone can benefit from the conservation of our natural resources.
In addition to remanufacturing, following are a few things JASPER is doing to protect our environment:
- JASPER has implemented bioremediation as a means to clean the water used throughout our remanufacturing process. This process allows an enzyme to break down contaminates into a form which microbes can consume. By using microbes, we can naturally transform hydrocarbons (oil, fuel and solvents) into carbon dioxide and water.
- JASPER has numerous dust collectors in place, reducing particulate matter to a microscopic level (2.5 microns) with a 99.9% efficiency rating.
- Ozone depleting vapors have been reduced 77% by changing our cleaning process. Coal slag or Armex (baking soda) blasting agents have taken the place of many solvents used by our company during the core cleaning process.
- The majority of solvent-based paints applied to the final product have been replaced with water-based versions. A reduction in VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds) and reduced drying time resulted.
- When drivetrain cores are disassembled, all nonusable metal and aluminum parts (4057 tons annually) are sent out for reclamation.
- In 2007, JASPER recycled 182 tons of scrap wood material. Instead of sending the wood material to landfills, the material was turned into a reusable compost product.
- Many of the new parts that go into JASPER products come to us in cardboard packaging. This material amounts to 73 tons recycled annually.
- Motion detection lighting has been introduced throughout the production facility. Sensors detect movement, which activates the bulbs, illuminating the area. This reduces electricity use and the bulbs are biodegradable.
The remanufacturing process breaks the cycle of raw material harvest & production, greatly reducing the emissions of greenhouse gases. As a recipient of the 2006 Verizon Supplier Excellence Award, JASPER Engines & Transmissions has been recognized as a company with strengths in environmentally safe remanufacturing techniques. Future ecological challenges will be greatly reduced if consumers are driven by environmentally conscientious decisions. By purchasing a JASPER product, not only are you buying the best drivetrain component in the industry, you are contributing to environmental preservation.